Happy Birthday, Preschool Readers!
Wow! I can not believe it’s already been a year since Preschool Readers launched...and what an AMAZING first year it has been!
I put together this 15 second video clip which highlights all of the FUN we’ve had! Check it out HERE!
2014 was wonderful but we are BEYOND excited about 2015!
Preschool Readers Upcoming Events:
- JANUARY- our previous online reading challenges were a hit so we thought we’d kick 2015 off with a #printrichenvironment challenge! I created this challenge to provide an easy, engaging, and interactive way for you to be aware of the features of a print rich environment and it’s importance in fostering your child’s early literacy development. This FREE challenge starts January 12th. Go ahead and register HERE.
- FEBRUARY- we are launching the Preschool Readers Books Of The Month Club! Are you an aunt looking for a unique birthday present for your niece or nephew? A grandmother looking to give your grandchild the gift of reading? A parent looking for a way to get your child excited about learning? The Preschool Readers Books Of The Month Club is a unique gift for any occasion! Each month, for three months, your recipient will receive a thematic package filled with two books, three reading manipulatives, and a poem. All beautifully wrapped and shipped to their home address! Price $45.99 a month. All packages ship on the first of the month. Click HERE to place your pre order! (be sure to mark Books of The Month Club in the Service box and in the Questions/Comments box mark girl or boy).
- FEBRUARY- Sunday February 1st come visit us at Fresh Market in Hyde Park Village! Stop by our table to enter for a chance to win a FREE reading assessment and evaluation! We’ll also have fun crafts, activities, and sweet treats for the kids!
- FEBRUARY- keep a lookout for our second online FREE Book Giveaway Contest! Last month, our lucky winner received the book, You’re Wonderful, by Debbie Clement. This month we are giving away a signed author copy of the book, The Incredible, Unforgettable Adventures of Jaxby by Rose DeNaro.
- MARCH- We are currently working with Tampa Parks and Recreation, Barnes & Noble, Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative, and Jack O’ Trades to install three Little Free Libraries … one in Kate Jackson Park (Hyde Park Village), one in Ballast Point Park, and one in Friendship Park on Bay to Bay Boulevard. Haven’t yet heard of Little Free Libraries? Check them out HERE! Seriously, they are the cutest little things! We will be throwing a grand opening party at Kate Jackson Park in March and intend to host FREE monthly Preschool Readers Storytime sessions beside the Kate Jackson Little Free Library. More info coming soon!
I am extremely grateful for your support, referrals, praise, and for allowing Preschool Readers to be a part of your child’s reading journey! I wanted to THANK YOU all with a gift, a FREE Preschool Readers reading strategies bookmark! Get it HERE. A reading strategies bookmark is a wonderful resource for any child struggling to figure out unknown words in text.
Lisa Vodola, M.Ed
Owner, Preschool Readers